- New Slang For Literate Teenage Boys | Thought Catalog
“Pathetic Fallacy: (n)
A peer’s phallus; used mockingly”.
- Well-chosen words | Financial Times
The meaning and spelling of words can and will change over time – but it doesn’t mean all change has to or must be embraced.
- How do I meet guys who see me as a person instead of as the subject of their “Asian fetishes?” | Miss Information, Nerve
“Your situation is, to some extent, just a given of modern dating. There is an unbelievably high “miss-to-hit” ratio, and when you’re stuck in a swampland of “misses,” it absolutely feels hopeless…I want to draw your attention [to the fact that y]ou may not be able to go out tomorrow and find the right guy, but you can lighten up on yourself. It sounds like you’re doing a lot of things right. Panicking about being single creates a black hole behind your eyes that makes you a terrible date, guaranteed”.
- How the devil was deceived by an old woman of Pope-Figland | Gargantua and his Son Pantagruel, Book IV.
- The MAD Staff Picks Their Favorite Back Covers: Associate Editor Dave Croatto | MAD Magazine
“This issue was scheduled to appear on newsstands the day after the election — making it impossible for MAD to know the winner in time to get him on the cover. So, MAD did the next best thing — they congratulated BOTH candidates! On the front cover was Nixon, while Kennedy was on the back cover (printed upside down so the magazine would appear to open properly!). News agents were sent a letter instructing them to display the cover with the winner on it — and the Usual Gang of Idiots would look like geniuses (for, I assume, the first and last time)”.