I love reading about dating and romance, and I love sharing information that I find on the subject(s).
I’ve been doing the former, but I’ve been tardy with the latter because I’m trying not to procrastinate (though depriving myself from writing is probably not the best way to deal with procrastination, in my case).
However, a friend recently revealed to me that she was in love-limbo – that is, deciding between staying put with her partner or moving on to graze on greener pastures.
To help with her decision, I promised I’d share nuggets of knowledge on dating and romance that I’ve found over the years – an essential reading list, as it were.
I realised, after pasting all the links from the Lare-pository of Wisdom (hurhur) into an e-mail message, that it was actually worth a blog post.
So congratulations, everyone! You get to benefit from the spillover effect/positive externalities of an attempt to make good on a promise – or collateral damage, as it may turn out to be.
- Choosing a partner (before you start dating):
- Building a good relationship (dating and marriage):
- Find out each other’s love language
- Take the relationship closeness inventory (online quiz or printable PDF)
- How to have a great relationship
- A shortcut to bonding with a romantic partner
- 15 honest questions the person you marry should be able to answer
- Masters of love: Science says lasting relationships come down to — you guessed it — kindness and generosity.
I’m missing the section on “How to build a great marriage”, for obvious reasons (I haven’t reached that stage yet, although the plan is to get there soon).
Nevertheless, feel free to leave a comment with a link to your favourite article, if anyone has stuff they’d like to add.