- My dog: the paradox | The Oatmeal
On the insane hilarity that dogs provide.
- A Nobel for the art of matchmaking | Nature: International Weekly Journal of Science
“The work of Shapley and Roth shows that there is room for economic theory outside the ruthless cut-and-thrust of money markets — and that, perhaps, in that more cooperative world, it can be more effective”.
- Why Can’t Twitter Be Like Foursquare? | Sangsara
“Whatever you think of Foursquare and the people who use it, you can’t deny that this is what everyone would love Twitter to continue being, and what the company seems bent on defying: a confident social platform open to innovative ways of being used”.
- A Primer on Greek Mythology: Part I — The Gods and Goddesses | The Art of Manliness
Good for general knowledge; awesome if you’re a literature student trying to navigate literary allusions and the like.
- American Baby Names Are Somehow Getting Even Worse | Deadspin
“You’d think that baby names have reached their apex of ludicrousness. But you’d be wrong. Oh, dear reader, you’d be so, so wrong. Americans are getting even worse at naming children, and they show no signs of correcting themselves. Think Jayden is the bottom of the barrel? My friend, I combed through this survey and found names that would confuse and terrify you”.
As someone named Laremy, I see the irony in me posting this link – but I can assure you my name isn’t as bad as some of the stuff you’ll see on this list.