- All Hail the Stand-Up Meeting! | Freakonomics
This NEEDS to become a part of Singaporean culture.
- Meet the Marriage Killer | The Wall Street Journal
“While the word itself can provoke chuckles and eye-rolling, the dynamic can potentially be as dangerous to a marriage as adultery or bad finances. Experts say [nagging] is exactly the type of toxic communication that can eventually sink a relationship”.
- Willpower Part III: How to Strengthen Your Willpower and 20 Ways to Conserve It | The Art of Manliness
Skip the introduction and head straight to the ’20 ways’ list.
- “Center of the Universe” by Simon Rich | The New Yorker
“On the third day, God’s girlfriend came over and said that He’d been acting distant lately.
‘I’m sorry,’ God said. ‘Things have been crazy this week at work.’
He smiled at her, but she did not smile back. And God saw that it was not good”.
- With a Little Less Parental Support and Encouragement, I Could Have Been Somebody | Thought Catalog
“If I had the opportunity to relive my ‘tween’ and teen years, I would exhibit a such a level of insubordinate and rebellious behavior that my parents would have no other choice but to knock me around and issue insults and threats that, with any luck, would provide me with the deep emotional scarring needed to produce multiple works of true literary merit”.