- Weiner Context | The Scott Adams Blog
- Cracking the F&#%ing Humor Code | Freakonomics
- Watching out for each other’s feelings | The Straits Times Blogs – Lynn Lee
- Spotting Deer | what things do
- The rise of the meta-troll | Improbable Research
Scott Adams explains Anthony Weiner’s conduct as a conflict between having too much temptation to resist all the time and having too much testosterone.
“…’Benign Violations’ — that is, unexpected violations of moral code, but the kind that don’t hurt anybody — seem to uniquely elicit laughter”.
“What was amusing…was how the panelists at the forum chose to overlook any comments, whether intended or not, that could be perceived as veiled criticisms of Singapore’s political system. One wondered if they were just being polite, or purposely choosing to walk on eggshells around Singapore.”
Why must Singapore be treated with kid gloves?
Good comic to read for both entertainment and education i.e. thinking about knowledge/information and how it is derived/created.
It’d probably do Ng Tze Yong some good to read this so he knows exactly what a troll is.