- 6.45pm. Pooting merrily back home. Maybe not so merrily, but still pooting, nevertheless.
- I’m in the middle lane of a three-lane road.
- Left lane is a bus lane that’s in operation so technically I’m in in the slow-moving vehicle lane.
- Comfort cab in right-most lane drives recklessly – as usual – and opportunistically (or recklessly, perhaps) swerves into my lane.
- Whatever for? I don’t know. There is no space to be had and I am occupying the lane.
- Still. Comfort cab drives recklessly – as usual – and opportunistically (or recklessly, perhaps) swerves into my lane, nearly side-swiping me in the process.
- Did I mention the Comfort cab was driving recklessly? I did? Well, the Comfort cab was rather reckless and it nearly side-swiped me.
- Without warning, the Comfort cab recklessly swerves away from me, back into the right-most lane, from whence it recklessly came.
- Wanted to be angry, but decided against it because I found the irony too… ironic.
- The Comfort cab had on its bumper an advertising sticker from W!ld Rice’s Emily of Emerald Hill show which said: “DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT MADE ME WHAT I AM?”
- I have appended a visual of what said taxi looks like for your kind perusal.
- Laugh. Or at least pretend to like it.
About the author
A versatile educator, writer and editor, Laremy Lee (李庭辉) has the uncanny knack of being one of the few among his generation in Singapore who crafts compelling stories in different genres.
View all posts