- I hate to tell you | The Boston Globe
- “The Yellow” by Samantha Hunt | The New Yorker
- This Is Your Brain on Metaphors | NYTimes.com
- Long Live the Web: A Call for Continued Open Standards and Neutrality | Scientific American
- Fresh Challenges and the New Political Playing Field
Phrases that announce you’re lying. (via)
How the human brain processes metaphors and why it might be useful to understand this.
The blurb: “The Web is critical not merely to the digital revolution but to our continued prosperity—and even our liberty. Like democracy itself, it needs defending”. (via)
“Recently Burma has been in the headlines globally and much mention was made by the press of the fact that the people there hadn’t been able to cast a vote for two decades.
Two decades! I have met people on walkabout who haven’t voted for 40 years. As one woman told me, ‘I just want a chance to vote once before I die.'” (via)
— Oh my gosh… Damn sad lah.