- Interview with Dr Lim Hock Siew and Dr Poh Soo Kai, contributors to the book “The Fajar Generation”
- Lead Shake’s wife gets 16 years
- Literary masters: Johnson Brown
- Hippos don't like croocdiles climbing over their backs
- Breaking News: WAYS IN WHICH OBAMA HAS BECOME INFLUENCED BY HIS VISIT TO SINGAPORE.
“TR: How do you feel about the current government policies in place, namely in Singapore?
LHS: For another Fajar Generation to emerge, the ISA of Singapore needs to be removed.”
I friggin’ hate headlines like “Wife of opposition politician sentenced to 16 years’ jail” because they only (consciously or unconsciously) perpetuate the stereotype/myth that opposition politicians are untrustworthy, when there is no inherent need to angle the story from the ‘opposition politics’ point of view.
“Here is the message that has just now arrived here:
From: Johnson Brown
I AM THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF JOHNSON BROWN BOOKSTORE STORES INC. KINDLY BE INFORM THAT I WILL LIKE TO ORDER THE TITLE BELLOW (sic)…”
“Note to self: If I am reborn as a crocodile, I must remember never to run across the backs of hippos.”
This made me LOL first, then remember that I want to write a review/paper on The Blue Mansion that has to do with The Problem of Satire.