Interested in leading your own art walkabout in Singapore’s hippest neighbourhood?
Then look no further – volunteer to help out with the OH! Open House 2012 walkabouts next year!
What you’ll be doing:
- Bringing people into six real-life homes that’ve been transformed into art spaces and acting as their guide.
What you’ll receive:
- FREE opportunities to meet new and interesting people,
- A FREE special edition OH! 2012 t-shirt,
- FREE training on how to talk about art, among other FREEbies I haven’t mentioned.
- One training session at Evil Empire on either Sun, 15 Jan 2012 (2pm) or Mon, 16 Jan 2012 (8pm),
- One walk-through in said hippest neighbourhood on Sun, 12 Feb 2012 (2pm) or Mon, 13 Feb 2012 (8pm), and
- One or more volunteer sessions on:
- Sat, 18 Feb 2012 from 4 – 8.30pm,
- Sun, 19 Feb 2012 from 4 – 8.30pm,
- Sat, 25 Feb 2012 from 4 – 8.30pm, and/or
- Sun, 26 Feb 2012 from 4 – 8.30pm.
It’s quite intense, but it’s over a relatively short period of time, so do spare the time to go if you can.
I would do this, but unfortunately, I have a National Service call-up over that period, which means I’m gonna need the weekends to catch up with work (yes, that’s the price of being male in Singapore).
In any case, more info/sign-ups at the OH! Open House 2012 website.
P.S. If you’re a student, you should totally volunteer – besides the learning opportunities, you’ll get CIP hours too!