Based on my newfound conviction that the Internet is a giant brain, I’d like to pose the above-mentioned question to people who have travelled more than I have.
The rationale here is simple: you’re an expert, I’m not. I can trawl the Internet for answers, but the most efficient solution is really word-of-mouth, then research to confirm.
Some considerations I have:
- It’s a writing vacation – I’m not really going to do the tourist-thing; I just want to escape to somewhere peaceful where I can indulge my writerly instincts (yes, yes – I am romanticising quite a bit).
- The environment needs to be significantly more inspiring than that of Singapore’s. I’m sorry – I really love Singapore but it can be a really uninspiring place sometimes. This will, of course, change when I am in charge.
- I’ll be going in December, probably for the first two weeks or so.
- I’d like to go to somewhere in Southeast Asia, like Thailand (I’m thinking Phuket or Pattaya) but if anyone has a better suggestion, please let me know.
- I’d like a chalet/villa kinda gig, where I can wake up, open the door and see the beach, then make breakfast for myself before hunkering down to write.
Do let me know if anything comes to mind – I’d really appreciate your advice 🙂